Sunday, May 26, 2013

First half of EJC and Estonian championship

Hi all

First half of the EJC is now over but I haven't really had any good weekend. In Aragon I was still recovering from my collarbone injury from pre-season training and couldn't go fast. I also messed up my start and so nothing special from Aragon. 

For Assen I was more confident. I qualifyed 17th as I crashed in the middle of practice and couldn't continue. In race I went wide in the first corner and then lost my rhythm and miss the first group. I had a good race and fight with Ebehard and we catched the guys in front of us for the last lap. I was 15th for some time but then I made a mistake and didn't close the door for last lap and the whole pack passed me. Not the result I was hoping for in the beginning of last lap but now I know for next time. 

For Monza I knew it is difficult to go fast alone so all the trainings I tried to find some slipstream and group. In first practise we made some changes to the bike and felt good for the qualifying. Qualifying went all fine and i found some group but only thing I didn't find was speed. So place 22 in the grid. My start was good and I won some places in the first corner until there was a crash in front of me and I had nowhere to go. I fell down at about 2km/h but still my bike stopped and didn't start for about a minute. When it started I already was half lap behind next guy. So again nothing to laugh about in Monza. 

When I got home I had to fix all my school things and then it was momently the first round of Estonian championship. I compete there in the Superstock 600 class with Honda. Thanks to Honda Baltic for the bike for this. In friday there were trainings and in saturday one training and qualifying. I qualifyed fifth but I didn't find my setup to go faster. We changed something for warm-up sunday morning and it felt a little bit better but not quite it. The race was cancelled by red flag in first lap after a crash in first corner. In the second start I fell behind momently from first group and drove my own race alone. I finished fifth and now we have to test to get the setup to go with first guys. Luckily I can train in Auto24ring every wednesday if i want so I can test different things. 

Next race for me is Imola on 30 june. I have time till that so I can train and prepare.




No comments:

Post a Comment