Wednesday, April 22, 2015

First podium in Assen

Hi

After thinking a lot about our mistakes in Aragon we changed a little bit our setup for the first practice in Assen. It paid off as I finished second in the first practice and first in the first qualifying later that day. Before second qualifying on Saturday we got new tyres. We knew that when we ride all of the 30 minutes in qualifying our tyres would be dead for the race. The plan was to go out later than others, do two fast laps alone and come back in, because new tyres help me more in the race, than pole position. I was able to put in a decent lap and luckily took the pole position. It wasn’t our main goal in the QP but it was good for the confidence. In the beginning of the race I tried to get away from the group as I knew I had the pace. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to do so and there was two guys more with me in the front. Before the last corner Orellana went to make a move so I knew I had to try to get a good exit to get second. It worked and I got second place. It was not a win but I’m still happy for my first podium. The win has to come another time. I want to thank my team, all my sponsors and supporters. The podium has been close many times but now we were able to finally do it. Thank you.
Sommu #38



No comments:

Post a Comment