Thursday, June 25, 2015

Imola, Donington and Portimao

Hello

Now there has been 3 races in a row every second weekend in Imola, Donington and Portimao. In Imola I felt good going into the race from the second row, but because of a mistake in the race I crashed out and couldn’t continue. It was a shame as I really liked the Imola track and thought I could make a good result there. The Donington circuit was difficult for me last year but this year with the bigger bike I felt more comfortable. I was feeling strong for the race, but in the first lap there was a big crash in front of me. I had to avoid it by going on the grass and when I rejoined I was in 22nd place. I managed to come back to 10th and have the second fastest lap of the race in my name. This showed, that I had the pace to fight for the win. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be this time. Portimao was the latest race of this row last weekend. The Portimao circuit is a very difficult one to learn and I struggled a lot during qualifyings and practises. This meant I had to start from 9th on the grid. In the first corner there was again a huge crash which I was very lucky to escape. This resulted in a red flag and a restart. In the restart I wasn’t able to go with the first group, but took all what I could finishing 5th. Now in 2 weeks we have a race in Misano and I hope I can return to fighting for the win there.

Sommu #38

No comments:

Post a Comment